I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week, but let me tell you, I HATE going. Should it be this way? Probably not. Do I get inside my head a little too much? Well, yes probably. But I can’t help it! Some people at the gym annoy the crap out of me. I can’t be the only one right?
When I go to the gym, I want to stay focused. Focused on what I’m doing, focused on my form, focused on burning those calories! And occasionally there will be those people, who just will not let me focus! Okay, its not their fault, it’s mine. But still..
- The sweaty guy (or gal) who doesn’t wipe down the machine. Here’s the thing, when I leave the gym I always feel the need to wash my hands as if I’m heading into surgery. The machines are nasty. They are just nasty. However, at my gym I do see cleaning people constantly going around wiping down machines, which I truly appreciate! But, if you sweat profusely, do us all a favor and CLEAN THE MACHINE WHEN YOU’RE DONE!
- The attention seeking people. Before you get all crazy, here me out here. The gym is apparently where all the single people go to show off their goods. And I am sick of seeing it. I’m not saying girls in leggings are asking for it! My gym pants are hecka tight and that’s the way I like it. I can move in them. If I wore something baggy, I would be constantly pulling and adjusting to make sure it stayed in place. No, I’m talking about the shorts up the crack, boobs hanging out, attention seeking women who just HAVE to do their stretches in front of the group of men. UGHHHHH…
- Intimidation. I always steer clear of the free weights part of the gym because well, the only people who use this area are insanely crazy fit women, and of course men. That’s it. And I feel as though I am not worthy of using this area. Intimidation. It’s my own problem.
- The weird smell. Every time I enter the gym, there’s that sweaty smell that you have to just deal with. It’s pretty gross, but hey at least that means people are getting a good workout in!
- Selfie people. Sure I’ve taken maybe one or two in my day, but it seems like every time I step into the women’s locker room, I’m seeing posing in front of the full length mirror. It was happening so much that the gym had to put up stickers on all mirrors saying “No selfies or phones in locker room” I mean, come on. Do that when you get home if you just HAVE to have an after gym pic.
- All the Teeny boppers. For some reasons, teens come to the gym in herds and feel that this is the place to congregate. Let’s all stand around and talk about exercising instead of actually doing it! Yeah!!
- The phone addicts. When you come to the gym EXERCISE. Don’t stare at your phone, texting, checking instagram, Facebook, and whatever else you do. It’s annoying and you’re making people wait for the machine because you can’t go 5 minutes without checking who liked your most recent post. Get over yourself.
Even though the gym can be annoying, we still go. And for good reason. Our bodies need exercise. And exercising at home is a million times harder than at the gym. I think we can all agree on that!
So why go if I get so annoyed with people? Well.. I love pizza and brownies..