I know that at the beginning of the year we all set goals and resolutions for ourselves to try and make changes in our lives where we see a need, but I’ve been thinking maybe I should be making these goals every month and then doing a round up at the end of it to hold myself a little bit more accountable.
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.
So here we go, I’ve come up with a few things I can tweak to make this month better than the last.
- Plan out my blog posts for the next few months. I am so bad at this and it’s something I’ve tried to do in the past to help me stay on track, but somehow get distracted from continually doing it.
- Get outside and walk more. The weather has been gorgeous lately and I haven’t been taking advantage of it!
- Cook more meals at home instead of going out. With my husband (the cook in this house) gone most of the time, I have been gravitating more towards easy, fast food instead of cooking meals at home, which I fully regret. I need to get more on top of cooking for my kiddos.
- Changing my attitude from a depressed outlook on life to a more positive one. Things have been hard for me lately since my marriage has hit a rough patch, but there is always something to be thankful for, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. In just 5 days it will be our 10th wedding anniversary and that right there is enough to give me an abundance of joy.
- Try and receive more sponsored posts. I really enjoy doing sponsored posts. And it pays well. So I need to actively keep applying for jobs in that area.
- Improve my photo skills. This is something I’ve been working on the past 6 months or so and I can say that I have improved, but not to where I’d like to be. There’s always room for improvement!
- Pray more with my children. We do pray regularly, before meals, before bed, and before we go on road trips. But I’d like to show my kids that praying can and should be done at all times. Not just when it’s needed or convenient.
- Cut back on Starbucks. I hate to say this, but it is my addiction. My sweet, delicious addiction. 😥 This has been a money sucker for YEARS and I’ve gone through stages of giving it up and then getting stuck on it everyday again. It is a struggle I don’t want or need. I have a love/hate relationship with the place. My goal is to cut it down to half. One every other day. We’ll see how it goes!
Okay this is a lot! Maybe I should cut the list down a bit? Nah, why not make it a real challenge! What are your goals for April?