I don’t know about you guys, but in our house date nights are few and far between. Sometimes it can be hard to find a babysitter or find a night my husband is off (he works nights), but we sure do try as hard as we can to schedule one at least once a month.
It’s important to have that quality time with your spouse. For my husband and I, our best times are had when we are on our dates. Whether it’s knocking out those serious talks, or if it’s just goofing off with each other. We are able to reconnect when we have that alone time. And it is much needed.
However, not all of us have all the money in the world to go on extravagant date nights. It’s always been that way for us. We are a couponing kind of family, and date night is no exception!
I wanted to share with you guys se date night ideas that are FREE or not too expensive, and are still full of fun and romance!
- Have a picnic. There’s nothing more romantic than going to the park, setting down a blanket, and having a picnic. Make the food together, pack the basket, and just go! It’s FREE. We all have things in your pantry that you can pack for a nice lunch.
- Netflix and Cold Stone. I don’t really need to say more than this. If you eat a date night in, find a show and start bunge watching. And don’t forget the ice cream!
- Fill your truck bed with blankets and pillows, then star gaze! This is oh so romantic.
- Cook together. My hubby and I love doing this. The hubs is amazing at cooking, so I mostly just sit back and watch in amazement. But it is fun to help chop veggies and add spices 🙂 OR take a cooking class together!
- Recreate your first date. For my spouse and I, our first date was driving for about 2 hours and then eating In-n-Out. lol. That was our first date!
- Go to a Farmer’s Market. I love walking through these! So many interesting treats are to be found!
- Dinner and a movie are always a hit for us. Check your local (Groupon for deals and coupons!!!) We always find restaurant coupons on there.
- Have a fun photo shoot. My hubby and I are going out tonight and I’m bringing the Canon. Time to have some fun!
- Go for a hike or bike ride. Staying active can be fun and romantic.
- Coffee shop and chill. I won’t ever pass up a trip to Starbucks. And I kind of love just chilling there as well. Chance to relax and talk.
- Go shopping together. Ok we are guilty of doing this almost every date. We love shopping just the two of us. When we have the kids, it can be stressful and loud. Just us is a nice quiet relaxed time together.
- Go-cart racing! We did this last year and it was a blast! They frequently have coupon online so thought we’d give it a try. I loved it so much because well, I beat my husband by like, A LOT. It was awesome.
- Go to the beach. We live about 3 hours away so it’s doable. And I adore the beach…
- Take a painting class together. This one is always so fun. I never knew how good I was at painting till I did this! 🙂
- Visit a local museum. We recently visited the Peanuts museum in Santa Rosa, Ca and it was so much fun!
- Go ice-skating. You can find year round ice-skating rinks that would be fun to do any night.
- Come up with a bucket-list together. This will be fun to find out what your spouse really wants to do!
- Go on a road trip. Just DO NOT stare at your phone the whole drive. Not cool >:(
- Make smores together. I love doing this. It fulfills my chocolate cravings and lets the hubby build a fire to show his manliness. Perfect 🙂
- Go to Costco on sample day. There’s nothing better than Costco samples. Not to mention they’re free.
So there you have it. 20 date night idea for you and your spouse. Have fun this Valentine’s or any night you guys are hanging out!
What are your cheap favorite date night ideas? Comment below!