With fall quickly approaching, I’d like to take a moment to say goodbye to summer by naming a few of my favorite things about fall (my favorite season).
So here we go… (obvious ones first)
- Can you say Pumpkin Spice Latte? Yes, I indeed am one of the devoted followers of the pumpkin spice latte and guess what, some of the starbucks stores are already serving it! Yippee!!!
- The weather starts to cool, which then begins the changing color of the leaves.. Those beautiful, bright, orange, red, and yellow colors that cover the trees. Nothing better than that.
- I FINALLY get to wear every lazy (or fashionable, however you choose to look at it :)) mom’s favorite outfit, LEGGINGS and super baggy sweaters!! OMG. I swear, I’d live year round in this if I could. But living here in central Cali makes it very difficult. Leggings and sweaters in July when it’s 110? Uhm, no thanks. I sweat enough as it is!
- BOOTS. So if you know me, you know I adore boots. Ankle boots, heeled boots, flat boots, mid-calf boots. Boots boots boots. I love them. In every color. They are my best friends. 😀
- Scarves. I don’t wear them all the time, but when I do, I feel super fashionable. Especially when I wear the infinity ones, lol.
- Obvs, Halloween. So all throughout my childhood, I never celebrated Halloween. My parents were protecting us from the evil of this world and what not, which I truly do appreciate. It came from a loving place. And I mean I understand, there’s some pretty demonic stuff that people think is “cool” that you see on Halloween, which I hate. But seeing my kids dress up like Pixar characters and run around asking for candy, it brings me joy. And lots of it! Not to mention I myself enter a candy coma for at least 2 days following.
- My Birthday 😀 Yes, I am an October baby. And I love it. My birthday comes right before all the Holidays and it’s kind of my ready set go moment. I know after the bday, it’s time to start shopping! And this year, it’s a milestone birthday. That’s right, the big 30. Yikes!
- Fall brings about that Holiday spirit. You know, the one that makes you feel all warm and happy inside. I can’t explain it. I always remember smiling ear to ear when we would drive around in our family’s car and look at Christmas lights, or when we would watch the leaves fall. It just makes you feel good.
- Baking. I enjoy baking. And it’s hard to turn on the oven everyday when it’s 100 outside. No one wants that hot food. But come Fall, when that cool weather hits, the family eats up all that warm goodness. My favorite things to bake this time of year? Banana bread, peanut butter cookies, fun treats that look like pumpkins, etc..
- Decorating. Oh goodness, I LOVE decorating for this season. Pumpkins, burlap, leaves, wreaths, there’s so much you can do with it. I’ll be getting up a Fall decorating post up soon, so keep your eye out for that! And since I worked at Pier 1 last year for the season, I got a ton of good stuff with my discount! LOL. So watch out, this year is going to be a decorating party for me!
- Making a campfire in the backyard is also a fun way to enjoy the cold, brisk weather. Getting all snuggly under a blanket with my love? Yes please!
I think that’s a pretty good round up. If I think of more, I’ll be sure to add it.. What’s your favorite thing about Fall? Do you have a family tradition that you always do this time of year? Comment below!