Hi Guys! So from my previous post, you know that I’m pretty excited about Fall coming! Colder weather, hot chocolate, cozying up by the fireplace, all that good stuff. So I thought, “why not get my decorating done early this year?” Of course that thought got the ball rolling and today I decided to make a new fall wreath from scratch and share that with you guys. Along with showing and highlighting some of my other fall decor that I am in love with this year..
I actually have NEVER decorated for fall before. I’ve always just gone straight from summer to Halloween, LOL. But since I’m back at home and trying to focus on being the best mom I can be, it pushed me to start doing more around the house. Which yes, included decorating. Before, I looked at it like it was time consuming and too much money to actually buy the supplies. But it wasn’t as expensive as I thought it would be. It helped that I had a few of the things on hand already.
~Supplies You’ll Need~
- Foam Wreath
- Fall Sprigs (flowers, pumpkins, leaves, whatever floats your boat!)
- Wire cutters
- Plain burlap roll, and fun burlap ribbon (for hanging)
- Glue gun
And that’s it!
- We start off with wrapping the burlap around the entire foam wreath, gluing when you get to the end and completely cover the entire wreath. My roll wrapped around perfectly and I didn’t even have to cut it!
- Then we start dissecting the sprigs we bought. Play around with it and come up with what looks good to you. This is the fun part because you can be as crazy or as simple as YOU like! Start gluing at the bottom and work your way up, ending with the top wow piece. I ended up adding another bunch to the opposite side of my wreath because it didn’t look full enough with just one side filled.
- Use a fun burlap ribbon to create a wreath hanger for your new beautiful wreath!
This decor brings you just enough of that fall feeling to get you ready for the holidays that will soon be approaching! Oh, and don’t forget your twinkle lights!! I got mine at Pier 1 Imports (shameless plugin for one of my favorite stores 😉 on clearance last year for about $5 😀 I ALWAYS do my shopping after the holidays and save ’em for next year. Gotta save where you can and have your place look awesome next year, hehe.