This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WholeBlends #CollectiveBias
I don’t now about you guys, but I am SO excited summer is almost here. I don’t do well in the cold weather. No, no. And in Central California, 60’s is considered “cold”. And since the weather is changing, I like to do the same with my hair. You know, change it up. I love changing my color, style, bangs, no bangs, just some easy peasy switching it up to keep things fresh.
Today I’m going to show you guys how I trim my bangs like a pro AND how I keep my frizzy, fine hair at bay with Garnier Whole Blends Smoothing Hair Care. Most people I talk to ask me, “you trim your OWN bangs?!” Why yes. Yes I do. And it’s quite easy if you know how to do it properly.
First off, let’s get one thing straight. Don’t ever, EVER trim your bangs when your hair is WET. This is a huge mistake so many people make. The wetness in your hair makes it appear longer than it really is. Your bangs will dry and get shorter, so if you brush your bangs down and grab them while they’re wet, you will cut them WAY too short. (I know this from experience.)
- Ok, so once you have your hair dry, grab the hair near your bangs, pull back, and secure. It just makes it easier to get to your bangs and makes sure you don’t accidentally cut hair you don’t want to cut!
- PULL and TWIST!
- Trim the bangs with the scissors pointing straight up! This will prevent you from getting that straight across, “I’m 12 years old” look. It gives the cuts hair dimension and adds texture. Only cut a little at a time, then check to see how short you’ve gotten.
- Once you’ve got the right length, trim up any excess hairs you see you’ve missed.
- Keep the sides a little longer than the middle. Providing somewhat of an arch look. No clue what the technical term for that is 😀 But you want it a smidgen longer on the sides!
- Don’t forget to use your flattener to keep things from looking like the poofy 80’s look.
Okay! So now that we have our bangs nicely trimmed and looking sexy, time to tame the frizz that’s going on on this head of hair! I have very fine hair that loves to frizz and look like it’s been through a million sand storms. In other words, it’s VERY hard to get it looking smooth and healthy. I mean, I blow dry and flatten my hair EVERY. DAY. As I’m sure a lot of you do too. When I saw Garnier had a new line out that was specifically designed to smooth and provide wholesome loving care for my hair, I had to try!!
I headed to Walmart and found a TON of their new line to choose from. It was really easy to find. If you head to the Health & Beauty department and look for the Hair Care aisle, there you will find all the Garnier Whole Blends Products.
One thing I love about Garnier’s new line is that they use carefully-selected ingredients in their formulas that are made to nourish deeply, hydrate, and repair. Which is exactly what this momma’s hair needs! And what if you have a different hair needs, you ask? Garnier’s got you covered too! Check out all the different varieties they come in that are perfect for whatever hair need you may have-
- Repairing – Honey Treasures
- Hydrating – Coconut Water and Vanilla Milk
- Smoothing – Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter (What I use)
- Refreshing – Green Apple and Green Tea
- Nourishing – Avocado Oil and Shea Butter
- Color Care – Argan Oil and Cranberry Extracts
I tried the Garnier Whole Blends Smoothing Hair Care with Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter Extracts. This line provides smoothing care for frizz-prone hair and a rich formula with the essence of coconut oil and cocoa butter. The scent is so incredibly scrumptious! I am a lover of all things coconut so naturally I fell in love with this line. After using the product only ONCE, I felt my hair was smoother. Not only did the conditioner feel soothing, the shampoo did as well. Which is not the norm for shampoo. Usually I feel as though shampoo does nothing but damage my hair, but this was different. It felt like it was giving my strands a big hug and throwing on a whole lot of moisture. After I applied the leave-in smoother and the smoothing oil, my hair was FRIZZ-LESS! I can’t say enough good things about this product. It’s an affordable, super high-quality product that everyone can actually afford to buy. I’m in love.. Head to your nearest Walmart to pick some up for yourself!!
Look, I’m a mom to three and I know that everyday I’m going to be hurrying and rushing to where I need to be, without paying much attention to my hair needs. Now I don’t have to feel bad about using a blow dryer! Because I know my hair is getting the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Not to mention my hair will smell amazing all day!
You can check out the entire Whole Blends line, here. Which blend do you want to try?