Last Year of My 20’s Bucket List
Well guys, it’s official, I will be 29 in t-minus 12 days… Does this scare me? Of course not! I am a strong mommy of three who has accomplished so much in her short years on this earth.. Okay, who am I kidding? I’m 29 and haven’t actually done a bunch of cool stuff..
Don’t get me wrong, I feel like superwoman knowing that I went through 27 months of my body swelling to the point that I felt I was literally going to pop, and enduring an insane amount of pain to bring my three beautiful babies into this world. And I am so proud of my accomplishments as a mom! I have been lucky enough to stay home with them since day 1.
When you get married at 20, and quickly get pregnant after that, you don’t have much time to think about anything else. I’m not saying that was a bad thing! For me it worked out perfectly. I have been so blessed and happy. Buuuuuuuut, since realizing that my birthday was so soon and then coming to grips with the reality that I am actually entering my 30’s (eeek), I kind of find myself making a mental list in my head of things I’d like to do just once before I turn 30.. So without further ado, here’s my “Last Year Of My Twenties Bucket List”. Enjoy!
- Ride on a motorcycle. My brother-in-law has one so I can easily hitch a ride, just haven’t been brave enough!
- Run a race, and finish without passing out! I think I’ve always wanted to do this WITH another person, but I can never get anyone to commit. But why do I need someone else? I can do it all on my own! And I WILL do it on my own.
- Try a cosmopolitan, or a bloody mary, or a martini. I’m not very adventurous when it comes to alcohol. I actually only ever have Mai Tai’s or Bahama Mama’s! Lol
- Color my hair some weird, out there color. I feel like I should’ve done this by now, and I haven’t. And there’s no way I’m going to try it in my 30’s! No. Now’s the time!
- Hike to the top of a mountain. Okay, I know that sounds kind of vague, but I love hiking. I haven’t had the opportunity to do it as of recent, but I really love being outdoors and well, why the heck not?!
- Get a tattoo. I know a bunch of people won’t like this one. And I don’t really care. I have in mind two different tattoos that I’d like: 3 turtles with my children’s names or birth dates somewhere near, or “I love you- Dad” in my Dad’s handwriting, he passed 9 years ago. I actually really want both!
- Go to karaoke night. Lame, maybe, but I’ve never done it and I really want to!
- Wear a bikini to the beach and not feel ashamed of my “Mom Bod”. I’m hot, or at least that’s what my hubby tells me 😉 And I shouldn’t be embarrassed of stretch marks or saddle bags. I should wear them proudly!
- Go ride ATV’s on the sand dunes at Pismo Beach. How have I not done this yet?! I don’t know why. But it needs to be done!!!
- Go horseback riding. Yup, never been on a horse. And I have always wanted to do it!
- Take my kids camping. Like full on camping. No showers, no running toilets. Just porta potties or bushes for peeing, and rivers to get cleaned up. That may sound gross, but that’s how you REALLY camp. For me, camping was one of the best memories I have of my childhood. We went almost every summer. And my kids NEED to experience it too!
- Establish a serious career. Most women by this age have their careers down or have decided to continue the stay-at-home mom thing. I would like to get into a serious career, whether that means blogging or something else. This year, I need to have it down and figured out. It’s time to get freaking serious.
Okay, yeah. I like this list. It is fun, risky, and definitely attainable!
Me talking to myself and getting psyched up–>> “So here we go girl. It’s the last year for you to say you are in your 20’s. Take advantage of it and soak it in. Have fun and be brave. Just keep replaying that Shia Lebouf “Do It” speech in your head.”
This list may seem lame or not really that difficult to accomplish, but in reality, I am still a mom. I have responsibilities and I don’t have a bunch of cash laying around. Sure if I had the money, I’d go all over the world for the last year of my 20’s. New York, Paris, Switzerland, the Philippines. Anywhere and everywhere. But that’s not gonna happen. So I have to be real with my list and make sure it’s achievable! And this, I can do this!