Since Mother’s Day is almost here, (three days away!) I have been thinking a lot about my Mom and how much she means to me. As a Mom myself, hearing how much I mean to my kids is just the best. Hearing them tell me they love me and appreciate me is the most fulfilling feeling. Even when I feel like I’ve been a crappy Mom.
So Mom, you rock. In no particular order, here’s why..
- You are selfless. No matter what you have going on in your life, you always make sure your family is taken care of. Growing up, you worked and provided for us. Dad got sick, you stopped everything to care for him, for two whole years. That is what selflessness looks like.
- You are FUN. I don’t know how I got such a fun Mom. You are not afraid to be goofy or crazy. You are young at heart. And I hope I can be the same..
- You’re not afraid to tell it like it is. And I know that I get this from you! It’s good to be honest and real, but at the same time, know when to shut it. And you taught me this perfectly!
- You babysit every. single. time. your daughters ask. And we wouldn’t have date nights without you! So thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- You are not materialistic. Thank you Mom for showing me “things” are not important. What’s important is loving God and taking care of your family.
- You tell me I’m beautiful. Mom, you’ve always been my biggest cheerleader. You tell me how great I look in my outfits, you tell me how photogenic I am, and I just want to say thank you! I need it 😉
- You’re the best Grandma. My kiddos can always count on you to be there at every recital, graduation, board break, and sports game they have going on. You are supportive and awesome.
- You have the best advice. Whether it’s how to handle someone difficult, or money stuff, you’re advice is always right on.
- You’re Independent. I know that’s kind of weird to say. But after Dad passed, you got up and continued on. And I couldn’t be prouder of what you’ve accomplished.
- You helped teach us about God. You and Dad both played a part in teaching us about God and how to become saved. You lived your lives as examples for me and my sisters. So thank you. Without the guidance, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
Mom, I love you. And I hope I show that to you every single day like you did for me while growing up and still do today. You are without a doubt the best Mom. I am so thankful and blessed to have you in my life and have you in my kids’ lives. I love you always..