I was born and raised in California. I’ve really only been to a few other states in the United States. I know, kind of sad. But I don’t really mind, because I love California. I’m not sure how I’d adjust living somewhere that had, I don’t know, lots of snow or rain. What the heck is snow, am I right?! Sure, California has snow, but only in the higher regions of the mountains which so beautifully surround where I live. I just can’t see myself being anything other than a California Girl. Katy Perry, you are oh so right, “nothing comes close to the Golden Coast”. This place has everything, and I will never leave you, California!
I live in Clovis, Ca. A small town right next to Fresno, Ca. Fresno does not have the best reputation by a long shot, but like every town, some areas are nice, some areas not so nice. I’ve lived here for a big chunk of my life. I personally think it’s a great central California location because you are basically only two hours away from EVERYTHING. But you don’t have to pay for the insane Northern California living expenses, or the crazy Southern Cali living expenses. Right smack dab in the middle. Just perfect.
California, you are the best state ever. Here’s why…
- 267 days of sunshine a year ~ Pure, beautiful, warm sunshine. Soaking in the warmth from the sun every day, I just can’t get enough.
- Constant tan ~ Sure, I’m white as a ghost, but the tan is always there for people who can ACTUALLY tan. My body usually goes from white to red. But with sunscreen and a couple hours in sun, I can usually get a nice shade.
- Central Cali is 2 hours away from all California has to offer ~ LA, the Beach (Pismo is what any central Californian will say is the best beach to go to), San Francisco, National Parks, and the gorgeous mountains.
- Central Cali is where it’s at ~ You can actually afford to live in California quite easily by choosing a central location. Like, I said, perfect distance from all attractions. Median home prices are currently at $270,000 where I live. Very affordable!
- In-N-Out ~ If you are not from here, you will not understand. So don’t even try. And if you make the mistake of telling a true Californian that there is a better burger joint than In-N-Out, be prepared to get a thorough beat down. It is the best. Don’t argue. And if you’ve never tasted it, I apologize. You are truly missing out.
- Food Trucks ~ Heck yes, food trucks. The tacos, oh sweet mother, the tacos. You can’t get food like that anywhere else besides here.
- We get to shoot all the cool movies ~ Hollywood baby.
- No matter what month of the year it is, the coast is ALWAYS cool and crisp.
- We are diverse! ~ No where else can you find every imaginable race, language, and color. Here, everyone is welcome! Heck I married a Filipino, and we met in Cali.
- California Wineries ~ Makes for a fun date night, or a gorgeous wedding setting. Plus the wine is to die for.
- DISNEYLAND! ~ That’s right, we have Disney. The happiest place on earth, right here in California.
I’m sorry, but how can you not love California? Spring is upon us and right now it’s a cool 57 degrees outside. The flowers have been blooming for a couple of months now because well, it’s always warm here. I cannot say enough about my State. The state I’m so happy to live in. I LOVE you California!